GASTROENTEROLOGY AND ENDOSCOPY UNIT
EQUIPPED WITH MODERN EQUIPMENTS
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Lower GI endoscopy: Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy
- ERCP – including inserting biliary and pancreatic stents.
- Double Balloon enteroscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Insertion of Gastric Balloon for weight loss
- Treatment of Chronic Liver Disease e.g., Hepatitis B & C and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
B. Procedure Performed:
- Oesophageal band ligation
- Histoacryl injection for gastric varices
- Achalasia dilatation
- PEG and feeding tube placement
- Dilation of strictures of oesophagus, pylorus, small and large intestines.
- Metallic stent insertion for oesphageal, plyloric, duodenum and colonic strictures.
- Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC) treatment.
- Liver Fibroscan
- Radiofrequency ablation of tumours.
- Embolization of hepatic tumour
- Polyp removal
- Screening colonoscopy
- Bronchoscopy services
- Urea Breath testing for Helicobactor Pylori
- Hydrogen Breath testing for Lactose Intolerance etc.
We pioneered laparoscopic surgery we did the first laparoscopic cholyceystecomy in Sudan.
We do laparoscopic:
- Hiatus Hernia repair
- Gastric surgery.
- Laparoscopic Colonic Surgery.
We also do:
Advanced pancreatic and hepato-biliary surgery e.g whipple operation partial hepatectomies. Treatment of liver diseases including hepatitis B and C.